I somehow misplaced the memories of how a newborn transforms everyday life. Your kitchen table centerpiece is your baby, your laundry piles up faster than you can blink, your changing a mountain of diapers a day (especially if you have 2 bums to change), you spend most of your time planted in a rocker (thank goodness mine this time feels like sitting on a cloud), your dish drainer is overrun by bottles and pumping equipment, and your fridge is full of breast milk. Then of course there is sleep deprivation (we won't go into that).
Then comes what happens to your home with 2 other little boys run amok while you are planted in that rocker most of the day. I am only posting a few pics but needless to say the house is in a state of constant disaster. This morning I found various empty containers of yogurt throughout the house and this afternoon their easel scribbled on with a Sharpie. I have to remind myself to breathe and not overreact. They sure are cute boys but somehow they are all kinds of ugly when things like this happen. :)
Then there are moments like these that make you realize it's all worth it. Every stinky diaper, every fight you break up, every banana peel you slip on, every car you puncture your foot on, and every cry from your newborn is nothing in comparison to the love you feel when there are moments of laughter, smiles, resting, and bonding. I love my life, albeit hectic at times. I love motherhood and I wouldn't trade it for anything!


2 comments:
WOW! You captured Motherhood quite well! I LOVE this post!
Color over the sharpie with a dry erase marker (if it's a dry erase board). The sharpie will wipe right off :)
Post a Comment