We finally made it!! A beautiful sight to behold! This lake was on top of a cliff and one could see to the very bottom (30 ft or so).
This waterfall, dubbed Spouting Rock because it does just that, was on top of the other few waterfalls in Hanging Lake.
So here's where it gets interesting. Right about now, as the tripod is helping us take a family shot, is when I begin to notice a strange smell. I blamed Jonathan and he denied it so I checked Ethan's diaper. Yep - diarrhea! And one more thing, we had no diapers or wipes with us! We put Ethan on a rain jacket and begun to grab leaves for to replaces wipes. Luckily for Ethan we stuck an old first-aid kit in our backpack at the last minute. Inside were 4-5 1x2" alcohol wipes and rubber gloves. Jonathan gloved me up. At this point I could resist the urge to bust out in laughter. I mean, it was just plain hilarious. Jonathan had a hard time laughing because he knew he had to carry him back down the mountain on his shoulders. Well, I wiped him up as best as possible and searched for something to replace a diaper. We took off his sweaty socks and put one up his crack and the other on his package. His pants went back up and we put him back up on Jonathan's shoulders. So, we headed back down the mountain and within 5 minutes Ethan showed signs of sleepiness. He only lasted 10 minutes before beginning to fall back. I took the backpack and Jonathan carried Ethan in his arms the rest of the way down. He was out! What an adventure! It took us 1 hr. & 45 min. to reach the top and only 40 minutes to descend.
The way back down
Well, that night we had to go grocery shopping and it took me 2 whole hours! I was so wiped out that I was moving at a snail's pace and could barely keep my eyes open. After all is said and done, Jonathan talks of returning to Hanging Lakes. I tell him good luck in trying to convince me! It was a beautiful hike, but come on! :)
5 comments:
oh my heck that is hilarious! Those are stories you need to remember and share with Ethan's future girlfriends. Josh and I loved that you blamed John first off- I can tell you I do the same thing with Josh. So glad you made it. You are crazy- I am not even half way to due date and there is no way on earth I would go hiking- you are a brave sport!
This cracked us up and made us miss you more. You are so good about getting out and hiking and camping, though maybe you should try and be a little more prepared. :) Keep posting. We love it.
Emmi, Dan, (and Reid)
That's a great story! You guys are finding some great spots out there. This is a gorgeous state - so hopefully we can meet up sometime and enjoy some together. www.rennakers.blogspot.com
Hey guys! Heather Johnson (Gibbs) here! Found this through Jonathan's profile on the mission website. Sounds like life is going great for you...so glad to hear that! Would love to keep in touch (I love blogs!). Our blog is johnsonhq.blogspot.com. Let us know if you're ever out in southern CA. Would love to see you!
Wow that is beautiful. I'd love do hike somewhere like that with you!
Jeni congratulations doing it pregnant!
I love your blog. Especially the baby ticker and the music.
I'm going to try to put music on ours. And guess what? I can put a baby ticker on our blog also! Brooke is at 10 weeks!
Post a Comment