Thursday, December 18, 2008

New Baby Resolution

I thought I would commit to a new exercise regimen. I know it's only December, but I just had a baby not too long ago. All you mothers know what that means. I was really good during my pregnancy - walking for an hour everyday pushing Ethan in a stroller. Well, I only got in a week of post-partum walking before the snowfall and frigid weather fell upon us. It has been snowing off and on this week and the temps have been in the teens.


So ... I traded in my stroller wheels for bicycle wheels. I have been riding now for 4 days indoors on a trainer. I hope the motivation continues strong. It has been challenging with a screaming baby and a Denis the Menace in the room while I ride, but I keep pedaling. The last two days Ethan has pooped in the first 2 minutes of my ride. Determined to not dismount, I just pretended I was riding through Idaho. :) Any of you who have driven through that state know exactly what odor I am describing. Some call it reminiscent, some call it pleasant, some call it normal. I call it disturbing and intoxicating. Anywho, onward I go with my new resolution.


6 comments:

analee hirschi said...

are you saying that idaho smells....really...you didn;t compare it to the pluff mud in charleston??? sersiosly that smell can kill.. good luck with your excercise

Tawni Williams said...

DANG you are hard core! That is awesome! Yea those odors are VERY hard to breath through- especially while your need for breath is increased while on the bike - my level of respect just increased that much more ha ha :)

Dittman Family said...

Hey! As an Idaho girl, I have to say that I object to that comment. Can't completely deny it, but I object nonetheless!

Tom and Kristen said...

I applause your tenacity. I too will endeavor to resume my exercise routine as soon as possible after the baby comes. Mine however is TurboKick and PiYo. I havn't been able to walk a lot this pregnancy, due to the pressure she has been putting on my sciatic, but I can kick, so that's what I have been doing until last week when I kicked a little too high and I think pulled something. My doctor said,"What the heck are you doing exercising when you have 3 weeks left?" I told him it makes me feel better. Anyway good luck. I'm pulling for you. Kristen =)

Jenna and Jarett said...

I can relate all too well to the post-delivery flabby belly blues. Gotta love it! You've now inspired me to dust off my eliptical trainer and start using it as soon as my recovery period is over.

Your boys are so adorable! I got a big kick out of the "knee slapper" video. My two boys are almost the exact same ages as yours, so I know the 'I can do anything I want while mommy is breastfeeding' game. I can tell you're a great mom--keep up the good work!

Laura said...

Hey, watch what state you're insulting!!! :) I was born and raised in Idaho and can only think of ONE place in the whole state that stinks THAT bad, and that is Lewiston, where there is a very smelly paper factory.