So, now that the boys are asleep I can finally update this blog! 6 week old Noah and 23 month old Ethan are really giving me a run for my money. I love motherhood and all of its rewarding moments, don't get me wrong. But when Jonathan is on call and I have two crying children demanding my
undivided attention it is very difficult to smile and count my blessings. Moments like: Ethan tearing ornaments off the tree, climbing in the kitchen sink-putting his foot down the disposal, plugging a full-powered hand mixer in the wall, opening the fridge and dropping/breaking my coveted jar of Better Than Bullion, etc. (all of which has happened this week and it's only Wednesday). Now you may be wondering how I ever let these atrocities happen. It is called breastfeeding! Ethan knows there is much mischief to be had and little follow through by his mother during these frequent feedings. He's a very methodical 1 year-old.
But we are surviving! The boys are growing so quickly. I am doubly blessed with two sweet and loving boys who unconditionally love their mother. This makes the eternal absence of my resident husband less disturbing and the distance of my
wonderfully large family less alarming. Noah's addition to our family has been an incredible experience thus far! He is just beginning to smile while awake, coo more frequently, and enjoy the energy of his older brother from his bouncer. I covet these days while he is
immobile because I know that becoming an electron, as most little boys do, is inevitable. Ethan loves his little brother more and more every day. I can tell they will be the best of friends!
4 comments:
Jeni, I know right where you are coming from. It is great that we have these opportunities to see such joy and happiness in the midst of one trial after another. Isn't being a mother great? I wouldn't trade my kids for anything and I love being their mom no matter how many times they push my buttons. Kristen =)
I love the boys becoming electrons comment. You are so funny.
I love this picture, it is so cute! Thanks for updating your blog, I already miss you guys and it's nice to see pictures of Noah growing so big. We love you guys!
This picture is seriously so precious! Jeni, you are a fantastic mother - hang in there! If I could ever be half the mother you are, I will be doing pretty good. Love the curly blonde hair, don't ever cut it!
Post a Comment