
Yes, I finally caved. Being the last Mormon woman alive to finally read Twilight I had my reservations. I am not an avid fiction fan. I love non-fiction literature, especially biographies (I could go on and on about George Washington or Neil Armstrong if you let me). But...I finally opened book one. 8 days and 4 books later I am done.
So, what did I think? The sexual tension in the first three books was addicting (you know, all that first love haze and daze). I couldn't put the books down, literally! I was warned about the 4th book by a good friend and English teacher so I was skeptical upon opening the book. She was right. The book seemed forced, told the story and now showed, had a sorry plot, bad grammar, and a lame ending. Not really worth 750 pages of my time, but I had to finish....to know how the story ended. My curiosity got the better of me. I wish I would have stopped at 3 like she told me and created my own ending. All things considered (love that program on NPR by the way), the Twilight series was very well written in the sense that was entirely addicting.
Will I stand in line for New Moon Friday night wearing vampire garb like the weirdos at the Lord of the Rings and Star Wars premiers? Absolutely not! Will I see it? Sometime, of course. Will I read them again? Not likely. I think my children have suffered enough neglect for a while. I owe them.
2 comments:
you are one step ahead of me. I have only read 2 of the books. I have to take them in segments because they can be a little much with the "my vampire" theme. I am going to go to the movie, but more for a girls night out more than anything... so I still have some reading to do
ha ha ha ha- Yea that was me in December of 2007 - pregnant with Jaxon gave me a good excuse because I WAS sick - but same deal - WAY too much time reading back to back TOTALLY addicted to the first three books. Same thing - fourth was a little disapointing - especially since they didn't have an all out battle that I was looking forward to - Ah well - still loved them. Glad you liked them to - I was mad at myself for liking them so much ha ha ha
Post a Comment