Monday, January 25, 2010

Celebrate Good Times, C'mon!

In preparing for teaching preschool this week I stumbled upon a most interesting website (holidaysforeveryday.com) which gives us a reason to celebrate the simple things in life, things we take for granted. What a way to spice up your day! Here are a list of up and coming days:

January
25-National Opposite Day
26-National Peanut Brittle Day
26-Spouse Day
27-Chocolate Cake Day
27-National Toilet Day
28-Serendipity Day
28-Live Your Fantasies Day
28-Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day (do I sense a theme?)
29-National puzzle Day
30-Yodel For Your Neighbor Day
31-Backwards Day

February
1-Hula in the Coola Day
1-National popcorn Day (always Superbowl Sunday)
1-Bubble Gum Day
2-Groundhog Day (of course)
3-National Carrot Day
4-National Stuffed Mushroom Day(yummy!)
5-Peter Pan Movie Day
5-Mardi Gras (of course)
6-Pay A Compliment Day
7-National Fettuccine Alfredo Day
7-Pinocchio Day

And some more:
11-Don't Cry Over Spilled Milk Day
16-Do A Grouch A Favor Day
26-For Pete's Sake Day
27-No Brainer Day

January is also:
National Soup Month
Polka Month
Lose Weight And Feel Great Month
Hobby Month
Bread Machine Baking Month
International Get Over It Month

I think I'll have a little fun with these, if I can remember that is. I love how Argentines celebrate everything they can get away with...just a reason to party. Why don't we adopt the same? We need to relax a little and have a reason to celebrate.

2 comments:

analee hirschi said...

wow, some of those are really creative, yodel to your neighbor, that is silly, but I love toilet day and chocolate cake day. We are definitely celebrating

Lyndsi said...

I love this! I want the website you found this on