With Jonathan being a resident and bishop (also training for a marathon - yeah, he's nuts) the boys and I were in need of a much needed break from loneliness. We headed off to Cali to visit my family, spend time with sister Kelli before her mission, my dad's 60th birthday, and attend my brother's wedding. The boys LOVED every minute of a backyard in SB (yeah-we don't have one now and it's ROUGH with two boys) and spending time with their cousins. It was interesting trying to feed everyone without a kitchen while my parents remodel theirs, but being back at home was very relaxing despite the upheaval. We made trips to the beach, zoo, Solvang (Danish town up the mountain from SB), San Fran, and many shopping trips in desperate hopes for long skirts and comfy sandals for Kelli before leaving to the Marshall Islands on her mission. We had a great time, but missed Jonathan very much.
Bill's wedding rehearsal bbq in SF we were in charge of, and dad's 60th bday gift (a pic of us kids w/ 60 reasons written on border of why we love our dad - Kelli and I designed it to resemble the beach):
Kelli's missionary setting apart, singing happy birthday (we celebrated one every week), and Easter egg hunt:
Oh the joy of cousins - messy popsicles, battles over the coveted car, Easter egg hunt, and constant wrestling on the trampoline (Wii excitement not pictured):
Messy popsicles again, playing with the hose, and the zoo:
Cali, we miss you already!




5 comments:
Such great pictures!!! That looks like a really fun trip, glad you guys were able to go!
Oh so fun! Glad you were able to get some time with the family - what a blast
How 'bout you title the post, "Lyndsi, Justin & Brandon miss Jeni, Ethan & Noah" ;-)
Cute!!! I miss SB...we're going in July and I'm already counting the days! I was thinking about you the other day...my mom and I will be driving past you on our way to Denver this weekend for a conference.
So glad that you got a little vacation. So much fun with all of the little cousins running around!
Post a Comment