This was the end point of our little hike to the baby bathtubs in Ouray (little Switzerland of Colorado). The water was COLD, but very refreshing!
Our beautiful hike in the Ice Lakes Basin. It was a pretty tough hike for the kids (mostly switchbacks) but they did great and went much father than expected. We had to cross a very fast flowing stream barefoot while carrying kids (due to rapid snow melt on a warm day). What an adventure!
We stopped and had a little sacrament meeting in a secluded and beautiful spot along our hike. You can see the hat we put the bread in and the 2 styrofoam cups we used for the water. After the sacrament we read a few articles from this month's Ensign and had a good gospel discussion. We love friends we can share these special experiences with. It sure does help having a bishop with us...no permission needed. :)
Our first flat tire adventure on our way to Telluride. I'm so glad it was with two men and a woman who know cars well...and that our tire was not a doughnut, but an actual tire with excellent tread. We got it fixed and went on our way.




1 comment:
those were some great hikes. even though we didn't get to our goal. Maybe we can go back in 10 years when the kids are older and we can all make it together. David and I hiked the Y and it was sooooo hard. I am a wuss, but I enjoyed our hike way better
Post a Comment