Tuesday, November 02, 2010

The Runs

No.....this post is not about diarrhea! We have neglected to blog about 2 big races Jonathan ran this summer/fall: Imogene and Golden Leaf Half Marathon. Here are some pics:

This was the big race...Imogene, a 4x4 pass that connects the southern Colorado towns of Ouray and Telluride. This 17 mile, 13,000+ ft. elevation run is a doozy. People straggle in bloodied and bruised from the terrain but Jonathan has been lucky these past two years. Every time he completes this run he talks about next year, before even catching his breath. He loves it and I am still trying to figure out why. Perhaps it's the challenge....yes. Perhaps it's the incredible scenery...yes. Perhaps it's combining intense exercise and mountains....yes. All I know is no matter where we end up settling down there is no doubt we will be returning for this race for many years to come.


This race Jonathan has wanted to attempt for a few years, the Golden Leaf Half Marathon. Set in spectacular fall colors in Aspen, the trail (despite the rough terrain) was exactly as he had envisioned. This too was a very rewarding and "fun" run. For a man grew up on a bike, I think it's pretty impressive.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Danny and Jaimi Weller said...

What exactly must be done to de-calf that boy?? I think that even if he were bedridden for a year, those babies would be rockin' it still! It's all jealousy over here. We can all dream...

Lyndsi said...

WOW!