I should say, "Ethan's already 4?" Instead I am saying, "Ethan's only 4?" Perhaps is because most of his friends will be in Kindergarten this fall. Maybe it's because my 3rd boy is due next week. Maybe it's because he's looked 4 for a year now (he's tall for his age). Perhaps it's because I feel he's ready for school (well, I'm ready for him to be in school). In any case, I am so proud of the milestones Ethan has reached and how he is learning to control his emotions. He knows his alphabet well, is learning to read, knows quite a bit of Spanish vocab, and memorized his first scripture. I am proud of how he treats his brother (for the most part). I love that he is a snuggler - always has been. I love Ethan and could not imagine life without him (it would be boring for sure). :)
We held Ethan's birthday party at the Barney's house this morning. With 14 kids, the cold and my big belly we seemed to manage just fine. I had grandiose plans but every time I looked at the list of games and crafts I felt tired and overwhelmed. Instead we had one big obstacle course, let them play in the bouncy room, let them play inside and outside, had cake and ice cream, opened gifts and called it a day (all that took 2 hours). By the end Ethan was thrilled, Noah mellow as usual, and I was exhausted. It turned out great and am so grateful for Ginger's help!
What's a 4 year old birthday party without a little sulking?We held Ethan's birthday party at the Barney's house this morning. With 14 kids, the cold and my big belly we seemed to manage just fine. I had grandiose plans but every time I looked at the list of games and crafts I felt tired and overwhelmed. Instead we had one big obstacle course, let them play in the bouncy room, let them play inside and outside, had cake and ice cream, opened gifts and called it a day (all that took 2 hours). By the end Ethan was thrilled, Noah mellow as usual, and I was exhausted. It turned out great and am so grateful for Ginger's help!



1 comment:
Great party! Looks like Ethan had a blast! :) and I love the pouty face. haha
Post a Comment