This is a much requested blog of the quiet book I started for Ethan. I have many more page ideas to go, but at least I have 7 to start on. I have wanted to tackle this project for a long time now, but with recent sacrament meeting nightmares and some more time on my hands I decided to give it a shot. I started looking online and was depressed to find that all of the pages were so busy and confusing. So I took a few ideas from there and created my own designs which were much more simple and child-friendly, in my mind. The pages are made of pellon and the pieces are created from a combination of felt and foam, attached by buttons, glue or velcro. So far I have created a page for tithing, Joseph's coat of many colors, Noah's ark, Popcorn popping on an apricot tree, faith in every footstep, and putting on the armor of God. Of course, I had to reinforce several things with the sewing machine because I am a mother of a toddler! So far we have lost an eye off of the soldier, a head off of a bat, and two tails off of animals. Other than that, the book has made it a month! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment