Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Voluptuous Valentine

So here's the story of the fat lip. I was at the Denver zoo with the kids while Jonathan was at work on Valentine's Day, mainly because the zoo was free that day. It was below freezing and windy - so cold! We were there for two hours and toward the end I taught Ethan to keep his hands in his pockets to get them warmed up. I could see the exit and was rushing toward it when all of a sudden I saw Ethan face down on the concrete. Yep - he had a nasty face plant with no hands to catch his fall. Ouch! I frantically grabbed the wipes and started to blot the blood. It was everywhere! The bummer is that no one stopped to help and the zoo was packed. Since Jonathan is on a pediatric ER rotation I called him and asked if I could bring Ethan by to check if he needed stitches or not. Thankfully he did not. He just ended up with some great bubba lips and road rash on his chin and nose. This is a shot the day after. Not too bad.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH!! Poor kid. That looks like it really hurts. Your blog is lookin nice and me encanta la musica.

jacobito

Kristalyn said...

Oh, poor kid! That looks pretty painful. Where are you living now? If you ever want to go to the zoo again, you should let me know...we would definitely meet you there, my boys LOVE it! aakristalynford@yahoo.com