Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Operation condo restoration

I will spare you the most disgusting pictures of dog poop, bottles full of cigarette butts, and sharpie and nail polish everywhere.  This is how our last tenets left our condo in Grand Junction. When I walked in I began sobbing.  How could someone treat other's property with such disdain and disregard?  It was apparent that the poor little kids that lived in our place were left unattended and unsupervised frequently. I took us 3 long months to restore it back to livable conditions.  Dozens of trips to Junction, 2 loads of junk to the dump (including furniture), several gallons of paint, new carpet, and countless bottles of cleaning supplies later it is finally back up to the condition we left it in.  Our poor kids had to endure many days trapped in this place as we slowly cleaned it up.  What an ordeal.  Thank goodness for the kindness of our friends, the Merritts, who helped us through the roughest parts.
Top row: before shots  Bottom row: after shots
Our kids were troopers through the whole process!

1 comment:

Lindsay and Chip said...

Give me the name of these people...I'm hunting them down. How RUDE!!