We had a very busy day on Thursday. Ethan's first corn maze was a hit! He led us everywhere, picked up corn and put in in his pocket, and could not stop saying pumpkin. As you can clearly see I'm about to pop, but at least this time I did not have to escape to a deserted corn row and squat to pee. Two years ago, while pregnant with Ethan, it was dark and we could not find our way out so I had to do the inevitable. :)
That evening we joined the other residents and their families for a ghoulish evening of fun. It was great to see everyone dressed up. My favorite costumes were "Joe the plumber" and his wife "Hockey Mom". I made some spider deviled eggs for the event. Jonathan asked if he could help but soon discovered how labor intensive it became to slice 8 legs for each spider out of olives. :) Since the only thing I could think to dress up as for Halloween was a piece of fruit or a bug (due to my large belly) I opted for a bumble bee. I bought a $2 shirt and decorated it with painted duct tape. I refurbished my old antennas as well. Since Ethan and I were bugs, Jonathan of course went as a pirate. I don't think guys "do" bugs. :) Halloween night we went trick-or-treating in our friends' neighborhood. Ethan carried his pumpkin bucket proudly door to door for "kindy". He even attempted saying "tickatee" at most doors. Everyone thought we was so adorable, as did we! We finished the evening with pizza at our friends' house. Needless to say I am tired! The induction is scheduled for Thursday morning.
4 comments:
Looks like you guys had a blast!! You are seriously a little Martha my friend - I'm SO impressed with your creativity - Ethan's outfit is SO cute and I can't believe you did that with olives!! Impressive - good luck with the next week! Can't wait to hear the news!
We love Ethan's costume! Charlotte says, "Beepy,kook" (Beefy,cute!).
Jeni, congrats on your new baby coming soon! We are expecting our second boy in three weeks ourselves.
Your deviled eggs look so good to an olive-lover Argentine (who is fasting... :)
Love you guys! Raf
Good luck- I will be thinking of you on Thursday!
Post a Comment