This year Mother's Day was wonderful, mostly. It started off great with a delicious breakfast, fresh red roses, and an adorable card. Then church started. Jonathan was sustained as the new Spanish Branch President and was asked to sit on the stand. The boys began to immediately misbehave and they hadn't behaved that badly since Jonathan was a bishop. The last 10 minutes of sacrament meeting I broke down into a blubbery mess in the bathroom, took the kids into a small classroom and, well, let them know they will never so that again. Ethan prayed that I could stop crying and the rest of church was OK. First of all, I expect on Mother's Day for my children to behave like angels (why did I think that?), I also was having a bout of deja vu from when Jonathan was bishop in Grand Junction. I knew the road was going to be hard and I wasn't looking forward to it. Thirdly, it just so happens they made the transition on Mother's Day of all days. I came exhausted from crying so hard and from my kids exhausting me. The rest of day was pleasant. A fabulous day if you forget about what happened at church.

No comments:
Post a Comment