Sunday, March 15, 2009

Amgen Tour

While we were in Cali we got to see a stage of the Amgen Tour (Tour of California). When I heard a time trial was going to take place in Solvang, a little Danish town 40 minutes up the mountains from us (Santa Barbara), I knew I couldn't miss this opportunity. My dad, sisters Lyndsi and Cassi, and I (plus our kids of course), drove up and found a PERFECT parking spot - just 1/2 block from the road. We got there half-way through, since that's when the big-namers start rolling by. It was so thrilling! I was wishing Jonathan were there to enjoy it with us, since it would mean much more to him. He even raced with Zabriskie when he was younger (took 2nd in the time trial, I think). We saw such biggies as George Hincapie (Georgie), David Zabriskie, Levi Lipheimer (took 1st in the tour again), and ...yes... even Lance Armstrong. What an experience!


Gotta love the super fans, like this one for Armstrong. The Texas longhorns are b/c Lance is from Texas.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: