Sunday, March 15, 2009

Play House

My sister and I were sitting there in the living room just shootin' the breeze when she said, "I'd like to build a play house." That was all I needed. Lyndsi and I bought materials at Habitat For Humanity and Home Depot to get us started. Since she had a Stake Primary Inservice to prepare for and teach , my dad and I built the whole thing in a little over a day. On Friday night we built the floor and on Saturday we built the rest. Although the building was interrupted by Ethan's severe diarrhea diapers, we accomplished a ton, literally. It sure was fun solving all those geometric problems were we faced with every hour or so, especially the angle of the roof. I had a blast! The play house is 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 x 6 ft., and the roof peeks out at 8 ft. There are 2 windows and the door is made from a shutter we found at Habitat. It is perfect for my little sister, Cassi, not to mention all the grand kids that come to visit. The painting and stage (will be built next to it) will be finished this week. How fun!











Posted by Picasa

No comments: