![]() |
| Who's the geek running to the finish line in desperate need of some chapstick? |
Friday, October 26, 2012
Freedom
This was it...the moment I had been training for. In attempts to overcome my challenges through my recent miscarriage, I made a goal to run a 10k. I cannot say enough about how this helped me emotionally, mentally, physically and psychologically (see earlier post entitled "On Healing"). I signed up for the Bosom Buddies 10k and Jonathan ran the 5k with the boys. We are all geeked out in pink for breast cancer, of course. When questioning Jonathan on his choice of attire he just said he was very secure in his manhood. :) The morning of the race it was COLD and I was NERVOUS. I hadn't run 6.2 miles since before I had kids. I was determined to reach my goal and did everything in my power to get there, including regular 3.5 mile runs pushing 2 kids in a stroller (thanks, Bob! I'm so glad I found you on Craigslist). My goal was to finish without walking...and I did it! I felt so accomplished, so strong, and so FREE. I was finally able to put my miscarriage behind me and start living again. Yippee!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am so proud of you to run a 10K. That is awesome and you look fabulous. I love the pics in the mountains. You have a beautiful family.
Post a Comment