I need and have to be brave, and a bit creative, raising 3 small boys in another country. Walks and parks in the freezing cold to get some energy out, baking breads and cakes just to keep us warm (only source of warmth is building a fire-and that gets old real fast), and having "learning time" every day have really helped. We do have occasional mishaps (like today when I put the kids on a 1 hour time-out in their room because they drew all over the walls - or last week when Noah had an accident in the clinic waiting room), but it really isn't much different than mothering them in the states. Sure I have to deal with less comforts and conveniences, but it has made life interesting and, in some strange way, exciting. I love me a good challenge.
Top left - kids and I on a walk to the park, grocery store and Daddy's workTop right - "learning time" wall by the dining table - we change out their work everyday using sticky tac
Bottom left - Boys at the park on a chilly and windy day
Bottom right - All our DVDs work on their players -yippee! Thank goodness for the good 'ol boob tube!

No comments:
Post a Comment